My name is Merrie Bergmann. I'm a retired college professor and a published author. I have academic degrees in philosophy, mathematics, and computer science, so I can edit manuscripts from both the humanities and the sciences. Because I love language, my academic editing is meticulous! I will work with you until you’re satisfied with the result – a polished document that presents your material clearly and professionally.
View my academic credentials.
Read recent comments from my academic copy editing clients.
As your academic copy editor, I will
- proofread for spelling typos and punctuation errors, and correct grammatical and word usage errors
- reword sentences for clarity and conciseness, eliminate repetition, and ensure that you have a consistent style
- suggest reorganization when it will improve the flow of your ideas
- check formatting to make sure that your document looks clean and neat
- check that your document conforms to the relevant style manual.
Because I am an experienced professor and researcher, I will pay close attention to your content and will make suggestions for improving and strengthening your presentation. My Editing Services
page has a complete description of how I edit and what is included.
** I welcome ESL/EFL projects. **